Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Three days, down the hatch, onto day 4!

So, yesterday went well, I was pleased with my juices and wasn't hungry for the most part. I was on NutritionData.com last night and I listed off everything that went into my juices for day #2 and came up with the nutrition facts below. I did another one for day #3 and was shocked to see that I had only consumed about 800 calories, 4 grams of fat and 16 grams of protein. Plenty of carbs from the fruit, but I think I'll need to push more than I'm hungry for right now, I guess. 
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size Entire Recipe 5,194g (5193 g)

Servings per container 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 1844 Calories from Fat 75

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 9g 14%

Saturated Fat 1g 7%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 472mg 20%

Total Carbohydrate 446g 149%

Dietary Fiber Traces

Sugars 297g

Protein 41g

Vitamin A    895% Vitamin C     2182%

Calcium     75% Iron    98%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on

your calorie needs:


Calories 2,000 2,500

Total Fat Less than 65g 80g

Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g

Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg

Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg

Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g


Calories per gram:

Fat 9 Carbohydrate 4 Protein 4


2 comments:

Deika Elmi said...

Hey Rawbin,
twitter is down (for me anyway) so I can't respond to you there.

For grocery lists and suggested ingredients go to www.juicefeasting.com
click on introduction to juice feasting or just access this link, at the bottom there is a grocery list: http://www.juicefeasting.com/JuiceFeastingIntro/GroceryShopping/tabid/183/Default.aspx
Also on globaljuicefeast.com there is a forum topic juice recipes. I am on day 71 and to tell you the truth I am tired of it, tired of hauling the veggies in, tired of washing and chopping and just tired of the juices, this past weekend I had a lemon water only day. I am struggling with staying juicy but I am determined to get to day 92. I remember Penni had a day or 2 where she didn't consume juice and I have read of others who have shut down.
How did the colonic go? you can email me at deasmiles@yahoo.com the whole enema/colonic (anything to do w/rear ends) was and is my least favorite aspect of the juice feast, but necessary. Ok dear talk to you soon xo Dea
btw my name is Deika (can't remember if I told you, but I use Dea on line to minimize my online footprint if you will) :) xo Dea

RawBin said...

Hey Dea,
Thanks for the links. I finally printed the grocery list out only to find it was printed on a tiny piece of 4x6 photo paper! Haha! I'm getting better at shopping for what tastes good, what to add to the abundant greens from CSA, and what to avoid because it's nasty in a juice! I also am looking into buying a few green jars to carry my green juice in. Maybe not so many "gross" comments?